The COBIT? 5 Foundation course will give you a deep understanding of the COBIT 5 framework for managing and governing Enterprise IT environments. COBIT 5 provides an end-to-end business perspective for IT governance and reflects the role of IT in creating value for enterprises. You?ll master COBIT 5 principles, enablers, implementation phases and process capability assessment models, and boost your chances of building a great career in a sector expected to grow 207% annually through 2020.
What are the course objectives?
The Simplilearn COBIT? 5 course includes six lessons that cover the five principles and seven enablers that form the basis of the COBIT 5 business framework. Real-life scenarios and quizzes complement COBIT training.
On completing the COBIT? 5 Foundation course, you will be able to:
- Pass the COBIT 5 Foundation exam and earn a COBIT 5 certificate
- Understand the IT management issues in your organization or enterprise and implement COBIT to respond to those challenges
- Put into practice the knowledge you get from the COBIT 5 framework and recommend applications of COBIT for enterprise-wide projects
- Take advanced COBIT? 5 courses and their exams such as:
- COBIT 5 Implementation – to master the governance of enterprise IT based on a continual improvement lifecycle
- COBIT 5 Assessment – to be able to perform formal process capability assessments
What skills will you learn?
At the end of the Our COBIT? 5 Foundation course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the need for an effective framework to govern and manage enterprise IT and learn to create value for enterprises
- Relate to the COBIT framework concepts and understand its use with other standards and best practices
- Understand the five principles and seven enablers along with the importance of good practices for better governance and management
- Understand the IT management issues that are affecting organizations, including pain points and trigger events that organizations experience
- Learn the functions that COBIT provides, the benefits of using COBIT, various governance and management processes and the process reference model
- Implement COBIT? in practical situations for issues that generally occur in enterprises
- Understand the concepts of process capability assessments and how various processes may be improved through the Seven-stage Lifecycle approach
What career benefits are in store for you?
The COBIT? 5 Foundation course is a professional stepping stone for enhancing IT knowledge and performing implementations and assessments of IT frameworks. This COBIT Certification course will help you shape your career by demonstrating your IT expertise and adding value to process improvements in your IT organization. After completing the COBIT training course you?ll be well positioned to become an IT auditor, IT quality professional, or other in-demand IT roles.
In India, COBIT has been recognized by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) and has been adopted by the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG). Among the leading private banks, HDFC has adopted COBIT, and a case study on its implementation is available on the official COBIT 5 website.
Many other Asian countries such as the Philippines and the UAE have adopted and accepted COBIT for their audit institutions or finance audit departments in government agencies and organizations.
In North America, South America, Australia and Europe, COBIT is widely adopted and used in various multinational companies, government departments and financial institutions for audits and assessments. A comprehensive list is available on the COBIT 5 website.
Professionals certified in COBIT? 5 can earn an average monthly salary that ranges between $112,000 and $122,000.
Who should take this course?
This self-paced course provides 180 days of access to high-quality, self-paced learning content designed by industry experts.
You will receive a course registration confirmation via email shortly after enrollment. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.