This ITIL® Intermediate Planning, Protection, and Optimization (PPO) Certification Training will give you the skills necessary to ensure that new services and service management systems, tools and technology architecture are designed to meet user needs and can be sustained once introduced. Our ITIL Intermediate PPO training prepares you to pass the ITIL PPO certification exam on your first attempt, either on its own or as a part of the ITIL® Capability Stream for IT Service Management.
What are the course objectives?
The purpose of this training module and the associated exam and certificate is to impart, test, and validate your knowledge on industry practices in service management as documented in the ITIL Service Life cycle core publications. The ITIL Certificate in Planning, Protection, and Optimization is intended to enable candidates to apply PPO practices during the service management life cycle and specifically in the following key ITIL process and role areas:
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- IT Service Continuity Management (ITSCM)
- Information Security Management
- Demand Management
Why is this certification so desirable?
More than 10,000 professionals have enjoyed the benefits of being certified in the ITIL PPO module as the global demand for certified professionals continues to rise.
What skills will you learn?
- Service design in PPO and the service lifecycle context
- Processes across the service lifecycle pertaining to planning, protection, and optimization
- Capacity and availability management as a capability to realize successful service design
- IT service continuity management as a capability to support overall business continuity management
- Information security management as part of the overall corporate governance framework
- Planning, protection, and optimization roles and responsibilities
- Technology and implementation considerations
- Organizational roles relevant to PPO
What are the career benefits of this course?
The demand for certified professionals in the PPO module of ITIL is growing enormously in the global market. They are highly paid for their skills and expertise and their pay scale carries a premium over their non-certified peers. According to recent surveys by payscale.com, certified professionals in this field are paid a median annual salary of $100,000.
Who should take this course?
- Individuals who require a deep understanding of how the ITIL Certificate in the Planning, Protection, and Optimization processes may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within an organization.
- IT professionals who are working within an organization that has adopted and adapted ITIL and who need to be informed about, and thereafter, contribute to an ongoing service improvement program.
- Operational staff involved in capacity management, availability management, IT service continuity management (ITSCM), information security management and demand management who wish to enhance their role-based capabilities.
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and wish to advance to higher level ITIL certifications.
- Individuals seeking the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management for which this qualification can be one of the prerequisite modules.
- Individuals seeking progress toward the ITIL Master’s Certificate in IT Service Management for which the ITIL Expert qualification is a prerequisite.
This self-paced course provides 180 days of access to high-quality, self-paced learning content designed by industry experts.
You will receive a course registration confirmation via email shortly after enrollment. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.